Hello and good day!
From time to time a candidate will ask me qualifying questions (Clients ALWAYS do!) upfront about our client base, how long I have been in the business, etc.
I LOVE it when they do because it provides a platform for me provide “social proof” of my accomplishments, furthermore separates what I do, and have done (Track record), compared to my competition. (Well over 200 hires as 3rd party recruiter)
So… I want to share some qualifying questions with candidates, so when they are approached by a 3rd party recruiter/headhunter they know what to ask!
- How long have you been working as a 3rd party recruiter? (Amazing how many people come/go in this industry)
- Does your firm have a signed fee/terms agreement with company you are sending my resume to? (If they don’t be cautious!)
- What is you average placement fee? (This a good question, because fee ranges from 20-30% first year salary for contingent TPR)
- How many placements have you made in your career? Last year? Last quarter? Last month? (Results speak louder than words)
- Do you work in a specific vertical or niche? (Focused recruiters are the ones who are “big billers” and who you want to align with!)
- Do you LOVE you career? (It is interesting when you ask people this question, if they have passion, they answer quickly!)
Working with 3rd party recruiter’s can be a GREAT experience if you qualify the recruiter and/or firm upfront!
Happy JOB Hunting!
Johnston Search, INC.